Alexis and I went yesterday to the daycare for a little visit in the room she will be in and with her teachers. The visit went well! I was very optimistic about the whole thing, I new very well that Alexis would probably do well, and would be more interested in what was in and going on in the room. When we got there, there were were only two little girls awake, which was perfect. Alexis of course went right over to each of them to check them out, and made them both cry lol. The one apparently had just started as well and wasn't transitioning too well and cried at anyone except the teachers who touched her. The other cried cause Alexis went right up to her and was all up in her face pointing at her soother lol.
Alexis had fun playing and exploring all the toys and books. She walked around the room, said hello to the teachers, even had a cookie at the table! The teachers were very thankful that she's a walker as I guess they don't have many of them (there are a total of 10 children once Alexis starts - 4 boys and 6 girls). She did however smack one of the girls in the head a couple times with a plastic Easter egg toy. Had to reinforce "gentle hands" with her.
I was quite pleased and happy. We will visit again, this time I'm hoping Derek will join us so he knows where her cubby and stuff will go and to at least meet the teachers in case he ever has to do a pick up.
To say the least, Alexis was pooped when we got home and went straight for a nap. Which was nice for mommy too!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awww Lexi Loo going to daycare!
ReplyDeleteI know ... I can't believe it! It was wild having her there in that room lol!
ReplyDelete