Site Meter

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pimp My Doll House #1

Recently when I went to pick up Alexis from daycare, our sitter informed me that she is really into playing with the doll house that she had and wondered if we had one as well. I reluctantly said no, although I had thought about getting one for her for this Christmas coming up (yes I do start thinking about these things early in case something is one sale). I did some researchh online and checked some kijiji ad's but I either didn't find something or when I did it was waaayyy too much money to spend on a doll house.

So yesterday I felt the need to go to Goodwill - this happens sometimes. I thought "hey I should check for a doll house there" and so Alexis and I went, and this is what we I found.


It needed some work - it's missing a couple screws but all in all it works! The doors open and close, and its big enough for a growing toddler to get in and play in it.


But despite this it did need a little help ... let's just say it was well loved! ...


Nothing a little spray paint couldn't fix right? Which is what I intend to do with it - as well as paint the rooms and floors and pimp it up!


Oh and did I mention how much I paid for this? No? Yup, it cost me in total $4.00. That's right, I rock! Ha ha.  Oh and here is what it looks like as of right now - all clean and pretty!


I had some white spray paint kicking around so I gave it a couple coats and she's good as new!  I plan on painting the rooms tonight while watching Deadliest Catch - one of my favourite shows! (don't judge - it's how I roll). I will update you when we get her done - but for now Alexis is in LOVE with it! Best $4.00 I've ever spent!



1 comment:

  1. Love it! So cute! You could even make little curtains!!

    ReplyDelete