Site Meter

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wall-rific!

So I don't think I showed what Derek and I did to our living room right  after Christmas? We've actually wanted to do it for some time but just never had the time to  I guess.  With Alexis growing we found that little finger marks were appearing on our flat screen t.v. ... something that just wouldn't do for Derek. So we decided that we would place the t.v. on the wall instead.

We headed to Wally Mart and found a wall bracket that claimed to allow the t.v. to hang from the wall just inches away. No cords hanging, no back of the t.v. showing ... I was super excited.

So we bought it and happily took it hope and Derek set it all up. It was actually quite easy to install onto the wall and once we got the t.v. up there we were kind of scared to let go of the sucker. I mean its an expensive t.v. and could you just imagine if it fell? Oh gawd ... the horror.

But to our surprise it's on there ... believe me, and it looks amazing! I'm loving the space between the sideboard and the t.v. and not to mention that now I'm able to put a few decorative pieces there to jazz the area up there (hello Mr.Hooter we meet again! and you already have read about my obsession with the flower tea-light holders. Oh and do you see my gorgeous new picture frame? My friend Robyn picked that baby up for me at the dolla dolla store ... she saw "me" when she saw it at the store - I plan to put a picture of some ridiculously cute girls in it ... and no not me and Robyn lol!).

If you're wondering we did add the legs that came with the sideboard, but we HATE this sideboard! I mean HATE it! It's cheaply made and not very attractive anymore! I've been searching kijiji for a sideboard/dresser that I can paint a bright and bold colour - no luck so far, but I'll keep looking!
So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment